It's Saturday night. I'm home alone, with only the kitties for company.
I would really like to put my fist through our TV right now.
I had been watching Goldmember - for the first time ever - when the TV screen all of a sudden went green. (Ooh! It rhymes!)
"WTF?," I said.
Now, two hours later, the TV is still on, the Digital Audio/Video Control Center is on, the Moxi (digital cable/DVR/TiFaux) box is on. However, there is no sound and the screen is a greenish-black color.
Why must this stuff always happen when my husband is out of town? How does it know?
And why is it that we have so many things that might be creating the technical difficulties? If the cable goes out, I have to figure out which of the 5 things that are connected to each other it is that is causing the problem. If we have no internet, I have to figure out if it's the cable modem, the broadband router, or the wireless broadband router.
Woe is me. We have too much technology.
I remember the TV my parents had for years while I was growing up. It was one of those big ones that sat on the ground and required you to get up and turn it on and off by pulling the little knob out. We had to change channels by pushing the buttons ON THE ACTUAL TV.
If I were having issues with that, it would be easy as hell to figure out what was wrong with it. If it goes out, check to make sure the TV is on and all the cables are plugged in correctly.
Now, I've tried pretty much everything I can think of, and nothing has worked.
Boo hoo.
Well, maybe I should actually watch one of these 250+ DVDs we have. Perhaps a little Boondock Saints? Watching that might help me to get my fill of violence and revenge, which would make beating up the TV unnecessary. (Plus, dude, it's A VERY EXPENSIVE TV.)
I keep meaning to write an entry about my annual review, but I haven't had the brain power when I come home from work lately to sit down and write it. Soon, though. Soon.
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment