Today it was 22 degrees F outside, but felt like it was 10 degrees with the wind chill, according to the weather channel's website.
No, this isn't just a weather report.
This is a complaint and/or whine about whoever's brilliant idea it was to have a fire drill at school today.
When I was staying at school after Organic Chem lab to work on an assignment with my lab partner.
When I'm normally not even still AT school, because I'm usually at home, taking a bit of a brain break before my Physics lecture.
We got to stand outside for probably only around 5 minutes, but it felt like much, MUCH longer. Especially when the wind blew.
It didn't help that I was wearing my brand new (awesome and incredibly comfortable) Crocs that my husband bought for me last week. The ventilation holes? Lovely, but not so much in 10 degree and windy weather.
But, at least I had my jacket on. Some people didn't.
So, I'm not sure whose idea it was to have a fire drill on what surely must have been one of the coldest days of the fall/winter, but hopefully they feel really, REALLY badly about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment