Tomorrow is D-Day, baby. I have my annual review tomorrow at 11 AM. They always start out by asking, "Do you have any questions, comments or concerns about anything?" Normally I say, "Um...no. I'm fine." in my I'm-a-super-submissive-female-please-don't-fire-me voice.
Tomorrow, though, it will be more like this:
"Yes, actually, I do. Do you have anything to drink? Want to get a snack or something? This is gonna take a while!"
The first thing to be revealed is the fact that I'm going back to school full-time in September. Surprise, fockers! They will probably be surprised to find out that they can't just throw more money at me to get me to stay, either. This job is not good for me, in any way except financially. (Trust me...I actually did a Pros and Cons list to figure this out.)
Then I will ask if I could work part-time, more or less independently, on certain special projects... Whether or not they'll actually go for that, I have no idea. I guess we'll see.
I'm so freaking nervous about my review that I'm still trying to figure out if I should take a Xanax before I got in to it or not. I don't want to be all loopy and tired and slurring my words and crap, though. I want to be totally alert and able to think, only without caring at all what they're going to say in response to my news. Hmm...
I'm not really sure why I'm so nervous, though... I mean, what are they going to do? Fire me? I'd be fine with leaving either in two weeks or on September 1st, when I plan on working my last day full-time, whether or not I can work part-time after that. My husband and I have been preparing for this financially for the last 3.5 years. I'm getting to the point where I just want to get started on accomplishing my goals. I want to get my BS in Chemistry before I die (or turn 30).
So, if you get a chance, think of me at 11 AM tomorrow. (Although, knowing the way our reviews work, it could end up being tomorrow afternoon sometime, or even on Wednesday. They run a very tight ship there, you know. They pretty much figure they'll get to us whenever they get to us...)

No comments:
Post a Comment