Thursday, March 10, 2005

NEWS!! and Whining

I'll get to the Sunday of Weetacon entry pretty soon here.

First, though, I'd like to say a big fat CONGRATULATIONS!!! to my wonderful twin sister and her fabulous and talented young man, who became engaged on Tuesday night.

Score! Now I'm going to have TWO awesome brothers-in-law instead of just one! Plus, I'll be the maid* of honor and I get to pick out my very own (hopefully somewhat inexpensive) Pretty Pretty Princess Dress like my sister did for my wedding.

*I know it's supposed to be "matron" since I'm married, but that word makes me feel like I should be in my 50s. And grey-haired. And wearing long skirts and buttoned-up high-collared blouses all the time. But I'm not. Far from it, actually. So, I will continue insisting that everyone call me the MAID of honor, unless they want to be hurt.

Yeah. So, CONGRATULATIONS you two! I know you will have a long and happy life together.

And, even if you don't, it seems like you two would be really entertaining when you fight.

Oh, shit. I'm the maid of honor. That means I have to make a toast. In front of PEOPLE. Eh, maybe I'll just get plastered before I have to make a speech. That should make things interesting, eh?

*grin*

******************************************

I got back from lunch a bit ago, and there are a few things I'm disappointed about.

Things like the fact that I was totally psyched up to go to the tanner at lunch, only to change my mind immediately once I walked outside and saw that it was a) snowing and b) REALLY FUCKING COLD. The idea of taking off my clothes and then rubbing lotion all over me that has spent the week in my car and is probably a temperature somewhere near freezing just didn't sound too appealing.

Besides, it might be dangerous. The lotion might freeze parts of me and they might just fall right off.

You don't know!! It could happen!

Then, there's the fact that I didn't get gas this morning. After filling up my tire AGAIN, my hands and ears and face were already pretty much numb, so standing out in the wind didn't really sound like too much fun.

So, I was on my way to get food earlier today when I said "Crapshitfuckdamn!" to myself.

Why?

Price of unleaded at 7:40 AM: $2.04/gallon

Price of unleaded at 12:15 PM: $2.17/gallon

BASTARDS!!!

Of course, I'll have to get it soon anyway, because I'm nearly out and I don't want to be stranded in these bitterly cold what-the-hell?-it's-supposed-to-be-MARCH-now temperatures.

Dammit.

Then I went to Taco Bell and found they didn't still have the chicken enchilada grilled stuffed burrito thingie. I was SO looking forward to gobs and gobs of sour cream today. Grrr...

Why do restaurants always get me addicted to things only to take them away? That's just CRUEL!

Then there's what happened earlier today... My boss and his wife are leaving for their trip to Italy and Tuscany today. His wife was talking to Mr. Know-It-All about their itinerary and where they were flying through and such.

He said, "Where are you flying through in Europe?"

She said, "Oh we're flying to Amsterdam first and then to *mumble mumble*."

He said, "Oh really? That sounds about like what we're doing this summer but we're flying through Amsterdam and into Florence."

I thought 'Shut up, fuckers. Everyone knows you get to travel all the time. Must be nice.'

But you know what? No matter what happens on their trips, I know there's no way they could have as much fun there as we had this past weekend in GREEN BAY!!!

And that makes it all okay.

Sunday entry will follow

No comments: