I had a bit of a breakthrough last night.
(This is going to sound really small and insignificant to most people reading this, but it's seriously a big thing for me.)
I was driving from work to the hair salon, freaking out about time. Now, half an hour is normally plenty of time to get there, but I always feel rushed anyway. Generally I'm driving like a maniac, swearing at other drivers who won't get out of my way or hurry up, etc.
Last night I started out in that same pattern, until I asked myself, "Do you get some sort of prize for being there early?"
When I realized the answer was no, I actually slowed down and took my time. I had time to notice that there's a big field on the same street as the salon where I'd love to go take pictures sometime. I actually arrived at the salon in a somewhat relaxed state when before I'd arrive with my heart pounding and stressed up to my eyeballs.
Hooray for me!
If I was able to get out of that habit, maybe I can actually get out of some other (autistic) behaviors, too.
There is hope after all...
**************************************
Dear BFH,
I'm super glad you're from Wisconsin and everything, but I really don't need any suggestions as to where to go and what to do in Green Bay when we're "visiting friends". We've got it all worked out. It's pretty much all scheduled out, even.
And even if it wasn't, I'm pretty sure neither my husband nor I would be interested in going to any/every Packers-related store/restaurant/cheese factory in the area.
Just go sit in your office and do whatever it is that you do all day when you're not in here bugging us.
Thanks for your cooperation,
[JaneofAllTrades]
**************************************
I have to pack tonight. Crap. I only have two things on my list of stuff to pack. Two pairs of pants do not an-entire-weekend-of-ensembles make.
Crap.
Crap, crap, crap.
I'm sure I'll figure something out, even if I do end up just throwing half of my closet in a suitcase.
Why do I only have ugly winter boots?
Why, God, WHY?!?!?
Oh yeah. Because I waited too long to get boots last winter and they were the only ones left in my size at Meijer when I finally went to look for some. Now I remember...
I'm sure it'll all work out. Somehow.
Keep your fingers crossed for me, just in case.

No comments:
Post a Comment