*Today I watched Sawyer stand still for two minutes while Callie sniffed his mane and his muzzle. She was apparently very interested in where he had been sticking his head while he was outside. The thing that struck me was that he just stood there so patiently. Normally, unless he's sleeping, he constantly moves around like a 5-year-old on crack. While Callie sniffed him, he just stood there, almost unmoving, like there was nowhere else he'd rather be, nothing else he'd rather be doing... He was just happy to let her sniff him until she was done.
*Sawyer and Kate have proven to be an excellent team while hunting... Sawyer distracts the squirrel while Kate quietly stalks it. If they actually end up catching anything, we might have to reconsider putting out all the corn and birdseed we usually have in the backyard. I'd hate to be responsible for luring birds and/or squirrels to their bloody deaths. (Who knew a dog and cat could work so well together?)
*I realized a couple of weekends ago why I normally don't watch those Worst Car Chases or Accidents Caught On Tape type of shows... I tend to hold my breath while the story unfolds, as if me successfully holding my breath until the story is over will affect the outcome. I am a strange bird, I know.
*Callie has actually been making short trips outside this week. The first time she went outside she made it about 2-1/2 feet outside the door before hearing a noise that startled her and bolting back inside. Yesterday she actually was outside long enough to make a complete exploration of the area under the deck, which is one of Kate's favorite places. Probably by the time summer rolls around, she'll actually be outside for enough time to play with Kate and Sawyer. Our thinking is that if she goes outside, she'll run around, and will therefore lose some of her (immense) weight and won't end up with diabetes.
*My lovely husband bought a new toilet seat last Sunday. Now, instead of a toilet seat that has a purple tinge (due to Clorox cleaner with Teflon), a spot of nail polish on the lid, and chunks of the acrylic missing, we have a toilet seat that feels like an angel is cradling your ass in his or her hands when you sit down. It's lovely!
*While Sawyer used to scratch at the door any time he wanted inside or outside, he now scratches when he's outside and wants Kate, myself or Callie (or some combination of the three) to come outside with him. I haven't decided yet whether it's his herding instinct that causes him to want us all to be together, or if he just enjoys playing outside with his person and kitty companions. All I know is that he seems to have appointed himself "Cruise Director".
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment