Friday, September 26, 2008

Presidential Debate #1 - My thoughts

I'm currently watching the first Presidential debate. So far, it's been interesting. TheMister and I keep pausing it with our TiFaux approximately every 10 seconds so we can take turns making smart-ass comments. Some examples of those comments?

Random Comments We Have Made

-"Hi, random anthropological fact." (At the statement John McCain made that North Koreans are 3" shorter than South Koreans...while talking about leaders of Axis of Terror countries.)

-"I'm a big boy!" (In response to something McCain said.)

-"Because I'm ooooooold. Soooo ooooold." (In response to every single freaking time he mentions his 26 years in the Senate.)

I also keep being reminded of my experiences in middle school... I used to have lists of vocabulary words that I would have to include in a story I wrote. Did anyone else have to do that? It sounds very much like John McCain is trying to do the same thing.

Or perhaps he gets a certain amount of money per time he mentions each word or phrase.

John McCain's Buzzword List

-maverick
-fundamentally
-offshore drilling
-reach across the aisle
-he just doesn't understand
-Miss Congeniality

I swear at one point he used the word "maverick" five times in the same sentence.

Someone should tell John McCain that condescension, whether you believe it is warranted or not, does not come across very well. It just makes the condescending person seem like an ass.

No comments: