Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm amused by the dog

First, a little background: The mailman usually leaves a Milk Bone in the mailbox/mail slot for the puppy when he drops off the mail. The only times Sawyer doesn't get one is if there is a substitute mail person or if it's a day that we don't get mail.

A few minutes ago, I noticed that he was stalking the front hall closet, as he tends to do when the mail and his treat have come. I walked over and opened up the closet to see if the mail had come, but it hadn't. I then spent a couple of minutes trying to explain that the mail hadn't come yet, and I had no control over when it did come. He tried 'sitting pretty' to see if that would change anything, but it didn't.

This actually reminded me of this past Monday, when TheMister told the puppy that he was sorry, but there wasn't going to be any mail that day because it was a holiday.

I think the day before that we tried to convince the puppy that it was a Sunday, and we don't get mail on Sundays. No mail = no Milk Bone in the mail box.

Hmm...I wonder what we could have accomplished if we had spent the time we spent trying to explain things to the puppy and used it to do something productive?

Perhaps...world peace?

*grin*

No comments: