Once upon a time, there was a window in the dining room. (And a bunch of crap on the dining room table.)
The kitties enjoyed sitting on their Kitty Palace and looking out the window, mainly to scold the birds and squirrels they saw in the backyard.
The window looked kind of weird without the curtains and hardware around it. It was (dare I say?) NAKIE.
The window was awesome in that it had a totally broken lock on it.
No, really. One night a few weeks ago, I shut the window and the lock popped off, sailed through the air and landed about two feet away from the window. Since then, we’ve generally been wedging it into the lock in order to prevent the window from being able to slide up so random people can enter our house at night and steal all our cool stuff. And maybe even steal some kitty hair tumbleweeds. Because who doesn’t want some of those?
The window also looked a bit like someone had been gnawing on it. Here:
And here:
Here’s what the window looked like from the outside:
Holy crap! The window is already out!
Ah ha! So that’s where the window went! It’s sitting next to the trim and baseboard from that wall.
Ooh! The second cut into the drywall! With a saws-all! Fun!
Mike’s response: “Oh…it’s you! When I saw the flash I thought I had cut into a wire or something and it sparked!”
Hello, inside part of the wall. Hello, drywall and plaster dust everywhere!
Hey, look! We really don’t have any insulation in the exterior walls! (But there is now LOTS of drywall and plaster dust floating around!)
Uncle J fits the header. (That plaster dust really is a camera hog.)
Like most things in this house, something we think is not that attractive is covering up something even less attractive. (In this case, the “something less attractive” is gray cedar shake siding.)
While the demo is going on, the french doors are chilling out in the garage.
Ooh! Look! It’s like a shadowbox!
I've always wanted to be able to sit in the living room and have a large view straight into the backyard...through a giant hole in the wall...
Hooray! They're finished!
Az: “What the heck, man? When did this happen?”
Callie: “I don’t know. Quit talking and just look out your window.”





















No comments:
Post a Comment