Friday, November 12, 2004

Random Fridays

~*~ Why do I have 80 people listing me as a favorite diary? I'm really not that great. (Should I have kept that a secret, maybe?) Maybe they read me when I used to be funny, but then I got less funny/witty/interesting and they kept meaning to take me off their favorites list, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Or maybe people are just entertained by my lack of an exciting life and/or the ability to leave the job I hate. Or maybe they just really like cats. Perhaps people read me in order to feel better about their own lives.

Why do you people read me anyway? (I'm talking to both Diaryland-ers as well as people who drop in to read me from other places.) Leave me a comment or e-mail me and let me know. I'm seriously interested. What do you get out of reading about my mundane life and random insane thoughts?

~*~ I'm tired of being sick. I'd like to feel better now, please. I want to regain an actual interest in eating food again. Not just eating various things simply because I know I can't live on applesauce (the only thing that ever sounds good) and cough drops (which I need every 2 minutes) alone.

~*~ We might actually have insulation in our house after this weekend. Woo! I wonder if the people who originally built the house decided it just wasn't necessary, or that no one would notice if they left it out, or if they put some in and it's all settled to the bottom of the walls, or what? All I know is that it would be nice not to have to put a snowsuit on in order to open the door to my closet in the winter. And not paying out the ass for our electric/oil bill in the winter would be great, too.

~*~ We get to go out tomorrow night. Going to a local club to check out a band a friend of my sister is in. Hopefully I can load up on cold medicine before I get to the club and booze while I'm there to keep the cigarette smoke from killing me. I can't imagine that hanging out with a sneezing, snotty ball of mucous would be very fun for either my husband or my sister, but hey...I can't be a hermit ALL the time.

~*~ I wonder how the Big Kahuna is enjoying Cambodia? I wonder how people there are treating him once they find out he's American. That should be interesting to hear when he comes back.

~*~ I'm so happy I did a good deed yesterday. I sent a care package to a soldier overseas through this website. I hope he likes it. If anyone has a few spare dollars lying around, please think about sending something. Give a soldier a bright spot in his/her otherwise dreary day.

~*~ I seriously need to stop fucking around so I can get this Printout From Hell done. It's a hard one already, and I'm not doing myself any favors by dragging it out.

~*~ Thank Goddess I have that ADD evaluation appointment next Thursday. I be needin' it!

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments: