Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Thoughts

Meh.

That's pretty much the only ever-present thought right now, despite the millions of other thoughts that stream through my head like a stock ticker.

****************************************

I'm thinking of my New Year's Resolutions.

I usually don't make New Year's Resolutions, as pretty much anything I resolve to do is generally forgotten again by January 5th or so. This year, though, I'm going to try making only three, and sticking to them.

#1: Lose to my goal weight and maintain there. This resolution includes the promise to exercise at least three times a week (athletic sex counts).

#2: Start working on a new book, or finish writing the one I've already started. If I'm going to start my new one, I need to contact my Chemistry professor to interview him about Forensic Science and some past cases he's had. (He's a "digger" with the local Sheriff's Department.)

#3: Establish a budget and stick to it. I refuse to be as poor next year as I seem to have been this year. Putting a curb on my spending would probably help that.

****************************************

I'm thinking of school.

I'm somewhat disappointed in myself. I ended up with a 3.5 (A-) as a final grade in Philosophy. I think I could have done better, but I'm happy that it wasn't a 2.5 again. I really think that once I can start going to school full-time, and can make THAT my priority, instead of my job, my grades will get higher and stay high.

I hope.

I also hope I don't miss school too much during the time that I'm staying away from it. I can always take an online class if I start feeling too "out of touch" with school and studying.

****************************************

I'm thinking of Christmas.

I feel horribly, horribly unprepared. We have TheChild tonight so we can have our pseudo-Christmas, which means we have to wrap her presents before she gets to our house. I think I'll be doing that after work while TheMister is driving to pick her up.

I still have a few quick things to get for other family members, and I'm somewhat depressed that I can't afford to get something nice for my husband. I hope he's not too disappointed.

****************************************

I'm thinking of what a mess my house is.

(Friends are reading this right now and thinking "A mess? YOUR house? Never!!" *grin*)

It's making me insane. I'm to the point now where it's been too messy for too long, and the only solution I can think of is throwing masses of things out. I need a big purge, like the people who are on Clean Sweep on TLC do. I hope sometime this week to be getting rid of a bunch of clothes, so I can fit the clothes that are currently living in the laundry room back in my closet. God, that would be lovely.

I also want to replace my desk in our office with an armoire, where I can keep extra clothes, or the ones I only use for shoots, etc. I just need a way to separate and organize things. Anyone know where I can find a cheap-but-sturdy armoire or clothing cabinet of some sort?

****************************************

I'm thinking of work.

I hate, hate, hate this job with a passion. I don't think it will be very long now before I finally snap completely and kill The Bitch From Hell. Granted, with the numbers of people here who hate her, chances are that no one would tell on me, as I'd be doing them a favor. But, just in case, I'd rather find a new job than stay here and risk snapping.

I think leaving BEFORE I get an ulcer or a bleeding stomach from stress would be best.

****************************************

Speaking of work, I'd better get back to it!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: