Thursday, June 25, 2009

One Less Worry

I was trying to figure out earlier this week how we were going to tell TheChild about Azrael. It turns out that I didn't really need to worry about it. According to TheMister, my mother-in-law took the liberty of telling TheChild while talking to her on the phone a few days ago. Upon telling TheMister about it, he said, "I really wish you hadn't done that."

She said, "Why not?"

He said, "Um...because we're her parents and we really wanted to tell her. Plus, it's something that we wanted to tell her in person. That's not really something you tell someone over the phone."

She said, "Oh, I didn't even think of that."

Gah. This is yet another example in a long line of examples of my mother-in-law's severe boundary issues. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say that we might either be having (yet another) come-to-Jesus meeting with her soon, or I might just punch her some time in the near future. At this point I'm pretty damn sure that just talking to her about things has no effect on anything whatsoever, no matter how much she assures us that she understands the message we're trying to get across to her at the time.

The amusing thing about my husband telling me this last night was that I had a dream that sort of mirrors this theme a few weeks ago. In the dream, TheMister and I told his mom we were pregnant, after which his mom took it upon herself to tell TheChild before we had a chance to talk to her. So I called her a 'fucking bitch'. Apparently I said the 'fucking bitch' part out loud because TheMister asked me the next morning who I was swearing at in my sleep. Heh. I thought it was just a dumb dream. Who would have thought it was a prophetic one?

No comments: