I'm also 27 different kinds of crazy, which is one reason why I'm so highly medicated. I've been crazy for quite a while, though, and thought I had long ago discovered all the ways in which the craziness manifests itself. However...
This past Saturday night, I tested my blood sugar shortly after dinner. The meter said 141 mg/dL*. I said, "Nuh uh!"
TheMister said, "What?"
I said, "It says my blood sugar is 141! There's no way that's right!"
He said, "Well, you just ate dinner..."
I said, "Oh. Okay."
It took me a couple of minutes to realize why what I thought was basically batshit crazy, in a totally new and different way.
I thought for a brief moment that A MACHINE LIED TO ME. A machine. Lied to me. Why? I have no idea. Just to fuck with me, I guess.
Yeah. So now I'm apparently paranoid in addition to all my other (regular) kinds of crazy.
Hooray!
Happy Monday!
********************************************
*Normal blood glucose levels are between 90 and 120 mg/dL. My blood sugar generally ranges anywhere between 60(ish) and 110 mg/dL.

No comments:
Post a Comment