Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Someone pass the Xanax*

Damn. And I thought things were bad before. It's now Wednesday night. I think I have taken about a half hour's worth of lunch in the last three days. It's already looking like I'd have to go into work on Saturday, if I actually cared enough to do so. (Unfortunately , I have to go into the Testing Center at school to take my American Government exam. Darn it.)

Next week one of my co-workers is going on vacation, so I'm supposed to fill in for her by doing everything she normally does, in addition to my own stuff. Um, excuse me? I barely have enough time to pee or eat or take a freaking deep breath as it is. Another one of my co-workers keeps talking about how bored she gets during the day, since she doesn't have anything to do. Seriously? What's that like? How about we trade?

I'm already too busy doing enough work for two people. How much am I looking forward to next week, and doing the work of three? I'm thinking that if it comes down to it, I can always lie down in the parking lot and try to find someone willing to run me over. Really, it shouldn't be too hard.

The super special part about the whole new work situation thing is that we're having another meeting on Friday morning to "touch base" to see how things are going. Heh. If we've learned anything in the last year and a half at my job, it's that if you don't like the way things are going, you just keep your head down and your mouth shut and keep doing what you're told. You certainly don't point out any of the idiocy or the hypocrisy and you definitely don't rock the boat. Otherwise you are strongly encouraged to find another place to work. Starting the next day. "Here's a box. Get your shit and get out."

So, any of us with balls will probably only mention one or two of the issues we're having, if that, because we've all learned by now that nothing ever changes there. Or, nothing that the employees actually WANT to change, anyway.

Only 206 more days... Only 206 more days... (Technically less if you take out the weekends, but I don't, because I spend most of the weekends dreading going to work anyway.)

Bah. Thank God for the money...

No comments: