Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Work crap

Praise Allah!

The plumber is here!

The faucet in the kitchen at work has been dripping for about two weeks now. Of course, my office is right next to the kitchen. It's been like freaking Chinese water torture. If it drips in the sink, it's annoying. If someone puts a pitcher under it, and it drips into the water, it's annoying.
I'm pretty surprised I haven't gone completely off my rocker yet.

Speaking of which, I nearly went postal yesterday afternoon.

Mr. Know-It-All Talkative Man has had a file for the client with whom he has an appointment scheduled tomorrow since the 24th.

He and the Bitch From Hell came to me YESTERDAY AT 4:15 PM, and asked, "Is there any way you could stay late or come in early tomorrow morning to type up this program for the appointment at 9 tomorrow morning?"

"Not a snowball's chance in hell," I thought.

I actually said, "Umm...I'm making dinner for three people tonight, but I might be able to come in early tomorrow morning."

Bitch From Hell: "How long do you think it would take you?"

Me: "Depends on a variety of things."

BFH: "Can you come in at 7?"

Me: No no no no no no no! "I guess so."

So, because the jackass has been very busy wandering around, having hours-long conversations with co-workers, and sleeping at his desk, I have to come in an hour early to catch him up.

Fuckers.

Fuckers, fuckers, fuckers.

Now, truthfully, I love overtime pay and I don't mind coming in early or staying late on occasion.

AS LONG AS IT'S PLANNED, and not due to some dumbass waiting until the last frickin' minute to do something.

It's not my fault that you slacked off, buddy boy.

Grrr... So, I wake up this morning to a pitch black room and a kitty laying next to me who wants to be cuddled and stumble into the bathroom. I don't think I even really wake up until I get out of the shower. I get ready, pack my breakfast and morning snack, and leave for work.

I got to work this morning at the same time I'm normally WAKING UP.

Meh.

So, I sit my happy (except, not so much) ass down, and get to work.

Around 7:30 AM, the woman who normally types up financial programs comes in, and tells me she'll finish it for me, if I want her to. After a few minutes of pondering, I decide to let her finish it. I'm too brain dead to be much good anyway.

She takes the file, and I get started on my usual morning stuff.

I go into the copy room to make some copies, and I bump into BFH on my way back to my office. She's freaking out about who's got the file, is it done, who has it, etc. etc.

When I get back into my office, my officemate informs me that she and the BFH just had the following conversation:

BFH: "Is [JaneofAllTrades] here yet?"

Officemate: "Yeah, she's here."

BFH: "Did she just get here?"

Officemate: *shocked look* "Um, no. She got here at 6:45."

BFH: "Oh."

Okay, that's the part that really pisses me off. I told her yesterday afternoon that I'd come in early. Did she think I was lying? Did she think I'm totally unreliable? Did she think that just because she never follows through on things, I won't either? Did she just want to think something had gone wrong so she could step in and "save the day"?

I have no clue. All I know is that when I say I'm going to do something, I do it.

Gah.

It helps a bit that I just keep thinking to myself, "Less than a year more, less than a year more, less than a year more."

Hopefully by next August at the latest, I'll have paid off most of my credit card, paid back what I owe to our joint checking account, and gotten financially sound enough to go back to school full-time, so I can get out of this fucking goat rodeo.

Then again, another year of being treated like (and occasionally called) a slacker, a moron, a ditz and a child might cause my self-esteem to plummet so low that any hope I have of going to school and finishing with a degree simply vanishes.

I think I'm going to attempt the first option.

No comments: